[FOSDEM] Open Source Design devroom CFP

belen barros pena belenbarrospena at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:10:19 CET 2015

The Call for Participation for the Open Source Design devroom is out

http://opensourcedesign.net/events/design/hack/meeting/2016/01/30/opensourcedesign-fosdem.html

This is the full text:

Open Source Design Devroom Call for Participation

This is the Call for Participation for the FOSDEM 2016 Open Source Design
devroom. We invite you to send in your submissions about design work on
free, libre and open source projects.

FOSDEM (https://fosdem.org) is the Free and Open source Software
Developers’ European Meeting, a free and non-commercial two-day weekend
event that offers open source contributors a place to meet, share ideas and
collaborate.

After a successful run in 2015, there will be again a design devroom at
FOSDEM 2016: a full day of talks about design work on free, libre and open
source projects. The Open Source Design devroom will take place on *Saturday,
January 30th*.

We mean ‘design’ in the broadest sense: user research, interface and
interaction design, information architecture, visual design, typography,
illustration, iconography, accessibility … – all in the context of open
source projects, which we believe introduces unique challenges. Designers
and developers working with designers (or on a design-minded project) are
welcome to submit proposals.

Possible topics include:

   - FOSS design tools
   - Design techniques and deliverables
   - Design - engineering collaboration approaches
   - User engagement and design research activities
   - Project case studies

What and how to submit Recording and licensing:

The talks in the Open Source Design devroom will be audio and video
recorded, and possibly streamed live too. By submitting a proposal you
consent to be recorded and agree to license the content of your talk under
a Creative Commons (CC-BY) license.
Format:

20-minute presentations
Submission deadline:

1st December 2015
How to submit

All submissions are made in the Pentabarf event planning tool at

https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16/

When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select the ‘Open
source design devroom’ as the ‘Track’.

If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous year, please reuse
it: create an account if, and only if, you don’t have one from a previous
year. If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair: contact
belenbarrospena at gmail dot com
Who coordinates this Open Source Design devroom thing

The Open Source Design Devroom is coordinated by the Open Source Design
crowd: http://opensourcedesign.net/