[FOSDEM] CFP: Security Devroom @ FOSDEM'16

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 16:07:47 CET 2015

Next FOSDEM [1] will, again, have a security devroom, this time on the
topic  of "Security and Privacy in modern software". We'd like to
invite submissions of talks and presentations from developers, security
researchers and other interested representatives of open source and
free software and hardware projects.

This is the call for talks and presentations that will take place in
the Security devroom at FOSDEM 2016.

Our topic this year: Cryptography has been the foundation of modern
crypto software, however, it is only a small fraction of the technology
required to achieve security and privacy for users. Thus this year's
topic is to focus on the other parts that make software secure:
usability,  the protection against side-channels, message length
analysis, fingerprinting, secure coding practices, code review
processes etc. We welcome presentations of security software and
hardware which take into account these factors, and presentations that
analyze other's solutions.

For up-to-date submission and event information:
https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2016

The security devroom will be held on Saturday 30st of January 2016 in
Brussels, Belgium at ULB.

Feel free to forward this announcement to any relevant FOSS project
mailing list.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2016/
[2] https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2016