[FOSDEM] Virtualization & IaaS Devroom CFP

Mikey Ariel mariel at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 00:23:50 CET 2015

**Please forward to any project or individual that might be interested
in participating in this devroom!**

-------------------------
Call for Participation
-------------------------

The Virtualization & IaaS devroom will feature sessions around
virtualization and Infrastructure-as-a-Service, with topics to include
open source hypervisors and virtual machine managers such as KVM, Xen,
bhyve, and VirtualBox, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service projects such as
Apache CloudStack, OpenStack, oVirt, OpenNebula, and Ganeti.

This devroom will host presentations and labs that focus on topics of
shared interest, such as KVM, libvirt, shared storage, virtualized
networking, clustering and high availability, interfacing with multiple
hypervisors, and scaling across hundreds or thousands of servers.

Presentations in this devroom will be aimed at developers working on
these platforms who are looking to collaborate and improve shared
infrastructure or solve common problems.

The devroom organizers will seek topics that encourage dialog between
projects and continued work post-FOSDEM.

-------------------------
Important Dates
-------------------------

Submission deadline: 1 December 2015
Acceptance notifications: 10 December 2015
Final schedule announcement: 17 December 2015
Devroom: 30-31 January 2016 (two days)

-------------------------
Submission Guidelines: READ CAREFULLY
-------------------------

** Please note that we expect more proposals than we can possibly
accept, so it is vitally important that you submit your proposal on or
before the deadline. Late submissions are unlikely to be considered.**

* All presentation slots are 45 minutes, with 35 minutes planned for
presentations, and 10 minutes for Q&A.

* All presentations *will* be recorded and made available under Creative
Commons licenses. In the "Submission notes" field, please indicate that
you agree that your presentation will be licensed under the CC-By-SA-4.0
or CC-By-4.0 license and that you agree to have your presentation
recorded. For example:

     "If my presentation is accepted for FOSDEM, I hereby agree to
license all recordings, slides, and other associated materials under the
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 International License.
Sincerely, <NAME>."

* In the "Submission notes" field, please also confirm that if your talk
is accepted, you *will* be able to attend FOSDEM and deliver your
presentation. We will not consider proposals from prospective speakers
who are unsure whether they will be able to secure funds for travel and
lodging to attend FOSDEM. (Sadly, we are not able to offer travel
funding for prospective speakers.)

-------------------------
How to Submit
-------------------------

All submissions must be made via the Pentabarf event planning site:
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16

If you have not used Pentabarf before, you will need to create an
account. If you submitted proposals for FOSDEM in previous years, you
can use your existing account.

After creating the account, select "Create Event" to start the
submission process. Make sure to select "Virtualization & IaaS devroom"
from the Track list.

Please fill out all the required fields, and provide a meaningful
abstract and description of your proposed session.

-------------------------
Call for Volunteers
-------------------------

We are also looking for volunteers to help run the devroom. We need
assistance watching time for the speakers, and helping with video for
the devroom. Please contact Mikey Ariel (mariel at redhat.com) for more
information.

-------------------------
Questions
-------------------------

If you have any questions about this devroom, please send your questions
to: iaas-virt-devroom at lists.fosdem.org

We will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!

--
Mikey Ariel
Community Lead, oVirt

"To be is to do" (Socrates)