[FOSDEM] FOSDEM Code of Conduct

Johan van Selst johans at fosdem.org
Fri Oct 30 15:01:01 CET 2015

Just a short note to let the community know that the FOSDEM staff has
not been ignoring the discussion about appropriate conduct,
inclusiveness and harassment at conferences. We do take these issues
seriously. The organisation wishes to provide a safe and welcoming
environment for all participants and does not condone offensive
behaviour. This is already established policy.

There will be a FOSDEM Code of Conduct that clarifies the position of
the organisation in this regard. We plan to publish this text soon.
For several years already, FOSDEM has had a coordinator for concerns
regarding social conduct at the conference (name and mobile telephone
number have been published on the first page of the visitor booklet).
For the next event, we plan to have a small coordination team, with
simple and clear contact information.

Regarding accessibility, we are aware that the conference location is
not ideal for everybody. We try to be as accommodating as possible to
attendees with accessibility needs. For several years, we have also had
a coordinator who can be approached with any questions regarding this
(again, name and telephone number are in the booklet).

Best regards,

Johan van Selst
on behalf of the FOSDEM team