gmludo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:21:17 CEST 2018
being present with a dedicated room at FOSDEM, we have secured a dev room
for a full day on Sunday 3rd February 2019. We are happy to announce a call
for proposal (CfP) to join this room and bring to the table the most.
What you definitely need to know about the CfP:
* Deadline: 26 November 2018, midnight CET
* Announcement of schedule: 15 December
* Duration: 20 minutes + 5 minutes for Q&A and 5 minutes light talks
* Application via Pentabarf: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19
* Language: English
* Code of conduct: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fosdem:2017/Code_of_Conduct
FOSDEM aims to be a free, open and cooperative event. This means we expect
collaboration from all the FOSDEM participants, and for everybody to behave
respectfully towards all others, including those that are different or
think differently from yourself.
Please be helpful, considerate, friendly and respectful towards all other
participants and respect the environment. We don't condone harassment or
offensive behaviour at our conference. We consider it against our values as
human beings. We're voicing our strong, unequivocal support of exemplary
behaviour by all participants.
If you have previously submitted a proposal for FOSDEM, you will most
likely already have a Pentabarf account. If so, the easiest is to reuse it.
If not, create a new account and then click on “Create Event” in the menu
and use that form to submit your proposal. Make sure to select the
Please make sure to include the following items:
1. Title and subtitle of your talk
2. Learning outcome(s) or key takeaways
4. 5 lines abstract of your presentation
5. Full description of your presentation
6. Relevant links to websites, blogs, documentation, and other resources
in topics revolving around:
* Core language (ES5, ES6, ES7, closure, scope, etc)
* Tooling (Babel, packing, code quality, etc)
* SPWAs and frameworks (React, ReactNative, Vue, Angular, shadow DOM, etc)
* New domain specific frameworks (machine learning, XR, IoT, etc)
* Interaction with other languages (EMScriptem, WASM, etc)
* Wildcard, surprise us!
Please note that for this year unfortunately we do not offer any kind of
funding for the speakers.
Please note that all talks will be streamed live, recorded and made
available through the FOSDEM archives. By sending in your proposal you
agree to these terms. Note that recordings will be published under the same
license as all other FOSDEM content (cc-by), however, exceptions can be
requested and will be reviewed on a one-one basis.
Looking forward to reading your proposals and to make a great dev room
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM