[FOSDEM] [CFP] Mozilla devroom 2020

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at hirlimann.net
Fri Oct 11 15:50:19 CET 2019

Hello fellow Mozillians,

It’s that time of the year again! The Call for Papers for Europe’s
largest FLOSS event, FOSDEM, happening on February 1st & 2nd 2020 in
Brussels is now officially open.

Just like for the past 15+ years, Mozilla is going to host a Developer
room at FOSDEM 2020 for a full day and we would love to see and hear all
your wonderful talks.

For those of you that have no idea what FOSDEM is about, I recommend
taking a look at their website (https://fosdem.org)

Developer rooms are assigned to self-organising groups to work together
on open source projects and to discuss topics relevant to a broader
subset of the community.

Proposals should not be limited to the list but those that are stand a
higher chance of getting accepted. However, we do encourage you to
submit talks on subjects that are not on the list, some of our best
talks were on subject we did not expect at all.

However, please keep in mind, that the public at FOSDEM is quite
technical and knowledgeable about open-source in general.

If you want any help or feedback to write your proposal, please get in
touch with me and I am happy to but you in relation with someone that
can help you to perfect your proposal or give you a useful feedback.

The list of preferred topics is the following:

  *

    Web Technologies: HTML, CSS & Layouts

  *

    WebVR

  *

    WebAssembly

  *

    MDN Web Docs

  *

    Firefox Developer Tools

  *

    Privacy & Security

  *

    Performance

  *

    Network on Web browsers

  *

    MOSS

  *

    Diversity & Inclusion

  *

    …

Essential infos:

  *

    Submit your proposal at
    https://mozdem-cfp-app.herokuapp.com/events/mozdem_2020.

  *

    Talk proposals deadline: 15th November at midnight (anywhere in the
    world).

  *

    Acceptance/rejection notice: At the latest for the 7th of December.

  *

    Duration: 30 to 45 minutes talks (including questions) would be
    preferred, anything shorter than 30 minutes will be automatically
    rejected, anything over 45 minutes and we might ask you to shorten
    it to fit in the 45 minutes time frame.

  *

    Travel sponsorship for non-staff is based on location, we will cover
    travel for people based in Europe, flying from and to Europe or
    coming directly from the Mozilla All Hands organized in Berlin the
    week before.

  *

    We are not using Pentabarf for talk submission this year, do not
    submit talk on Pentabarf

Community Participation Guidelines

The Mozilla devroom respects Mozilla’s community participation
guidelines along with the FOSDEM Code of Conduct. These guidelines cover
our behaviour as participants, facilitators, space wranglers, staff,
volunteers, vendors, and anyone else involved in making the Mozilla
devroom possible.

--
https://www.hirlimann.net/Ludovic/carnet/