[FOSDEM] [CfP] Rust Devroom 2020
ewan.higgs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:31:26 CET 2019
We are pleased to announce the 3nd edition of the Rust devroom, co-located
with FOSDEM 2020 5 <https://fosdem.org/2020/>. FOSDEM is an annual
conference about free and open source software, attended by over 5000
developers and open-source enthusiasts from all over the world.
The devroom is a colocated conference-within-a-conference that gives us the
opportunity to come together and chat, hack, and share stories about Rust
usage in FLOSS ecosystems.
The devroom will take place on Sunday, 2 February 2020, at ULB (Campus
Solbosch) <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1632534522>, in Brussels,
Belgium. Join us to enjoy a full day of talks, demos and interesting
discussions on Rust.
We welcome any talk proposals about Rust-related projects.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The Rust language
- Recent features and future roadmap
- Architecting large projects
- Rust usage across FLOSS projects (Tor, VLC, Gnome, Firefox, etc.)
- Projects written in Rust (show and tell, architecture and API design)
- Build tools (cargo, clippy, rustfmt, etc.)
- Packaging libraries and executables written in Rust
- Profiling, FFI, etc.
- Documentation and education initiatives
- Community initiatives
- How to contribute
- RFC process
- Promoting inclusiveness for minority or underrepresented groups
Slots will be allocated for short (20 minutes) and long (40 minutes) talks.
Speakers need to specify their preferred format. Both include time for
questions and answers.
Depending on number of submissions and topics, submitters could be asked
for a different format instead.
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with sufficient
background material to be clear to the Rust community.
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded.
By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk
Submissions must include:
- Session type
- Session length
- Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
- Speaker bio
- Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
- Links to previous talks by the speaker
Please submit through https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20
When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select the ‘Rust
Devroom’ as the 'Track’.
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous FOSDEM edition,
please reuse it.
Create an account if, and only if, you don’t have one from a previous year.
If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair: contact rust [dash]
devroom [at] lists.fosdem.org
- Call for papers available: 14 October 2019
- Call for participation closes: 25 November 2019
- Devroom schedule available: 16 December 2019
- Devroom day: Sunday 2 February 2020 (09:00 to 17:00)
Share and Enjoy!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM