[FOSDEM] [CFP] Graph Systems and Algorithms Devroom
max.kiessling at neo4j.com
Mon Oct 14 17:15:36 CET 2019
The graph strikes back. After another year of development in the area of
graph databases and graph processing systems, research in graph algorithms
and advancement of graph query languages, it is time to come together again
and talk about the latest developments in the open source graph world at
our 10th FOSDEM devroom.
FOSDEM is an annually software developers meeting attended by over 8000+
free and open source enthusiasts from all over the world. The devroom will
take place on Saturday, 1 February 2020 at the Université Libre de
Bruxelles (Campus Solbosch) in Belgium.
In the last year, many organizations added graph analytical capabilities to
their systems, e.g. Neo4j, Arango DB and Redis graph, to fulfill the rising
demand of analytical use-cases, often to be executed on a steadily growing
amount of data.
Graph query languages became mainstream. GQL, an effort driven by many
graph database vendors, will be the first query language since SQL
standardized by the ISO. openCypher, an open specification of the Neo4j
Cypher query language will be part of Apache Spark 3.0. Research groups
work on standardizing property graph schemas.
In previous devrooms we saw many great presentations and demos. Deep
discussions took place during and after the talks. Therefore, also in 2020
we will again give creators and maintainers of graph solutions,
researchers, geeks and open source hackers the possibility of presenting
their latest work to an attentive audience.
Find all information at http://graphdevroom.github.io/
== Topics ==
- Graph applications - Research, use-cases, industry experience
- Graph Processing / Analytics Frameworks - Neo4j Graph Algorithms, PGX,
- Graph database systems - Neo4j, ArangoDB, etc.
- Graph Query Languages - (open)Cypher, GQL, PGQL, GraphQL, etc.
- Graph Streaming and its applications
- Benchmarks - LDBC Graphalytics, etc.
- Graph Visualization
This list is not closed, other related topics are always welcome.
== How to Apply ==
Talks are submitted via FOSDEM's conference system Pentabarf.
In order to submitt a talk please follow these steps:
- Head over to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20
- Create an account if you do not have one already and sign in
- Make sure your profile information is up to date, including an image and
- Click on "Create Event"
- Enter the details of your talk
- The title and a short abstract describing your presentation/demo/talk
(max. 500 words)
- The intended audience
- Links and background information
- Make sure to select the "Graph Systems and Algorithms devroom" track
- Make sure to select a duration of either 20 or 40 minutes (including 5
== Important Dates ==
2019-10-09 - Devroom CFP starts
2019-12-01 - Devroom CFP ends
2020-02-01 - FOSDEM starts
2020-02-01 - Graph Systems and Algorithms Devroom
2020-02-02 - FOSDEM ends
See you soon!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM