[FOSDEM] [CFP] Kotlin DevRoom @ FOSDEM 2020
corti.nico at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 00:02:18 CET 2019
Hello fellow Kotliners,
We're more than excited to announce that the Kotlin community will be
represented at FOSDEM 2020 for the first time at the Kotlin DevRoom!
We can't wait to see you all on the 1st and 2nd of February 2020 in
Here you can find the CFP (Call For Papers) for submitting your talks
and have the opportunity to deliver a talk during the Kotlin DevRoom.
# About FOSDEM
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organised by the community,
for the community.
The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and
communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by
project leaders and committers
- promote the development and benefits of free software and open
Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organisers
gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
# About the Kotlin DevRoom
The Kotlin DevRoom is a co-located conference-within-a-conference that
gives us the opportunity to come together and chat, hack, and share
stories about Kotlin usage in the FLOSS ecosystems.
The DevRoom will take place on Sunday, the 2nd of February 2020, at
ULB (Campus Solbosch - https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1632534522)
in Brussels, Belgium.
Join us to enjoy a full day of talks, demos, and interesting
discussions about Kotlin!
# How to submit
We welcome any talk proposals about Kotlin-related projects.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Kotlin Language
* Android app development with Kotlin
* Kotlin Multiplatform development
* Functional Programming
* Kotlin Scripting
* Data Science
* Libraries and Frameworks in Kotlin
We are looking for proposals for 25 minute talks (suggested 20 minute
talk + 5 minute Q&A).
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with
sufficient background material to be clear to the community.
Please be aware of the fact that DevRoom talks at FOSDEM will be
recorded. By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to
have your talk made available.
Submissions must include:
* Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
* Speaker bio
* Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
* Links to previous talks by the speaker (optional)
Please submit through https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20
When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select 'Kotlin
Devroom' as the 'Track’.
Create a Pentabarf account if, and only if, you don't already have one
from a previous year; please double check if you have an account you
can reuse! If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair and
please contact us (see below).
# Important dates
- Call for papers available: 21 October 2019
- Call for participation closes: 30 November 2019
- Devroom schedule available: 15 December 2019
- Devroom day: Sunday 2 February 2020 (09:00 to 17:00)
Are you excited for our first Kotlin DevRoom?
Submit your talk proposal and we will hopefully see you in Brussels!
Please reach out to us on the #fosdem channel
(https://kotlinlang.slack.com/messages/fosdem) on the Kotlinlang Slack
(sign up here: https://t.co/kwvW0nQzRf?amp=1) if you have any question
about the DevRoom, the submission process, or similar.
On behalf of the organisers,
— Nicola Corti
Nicola Corti - Android @ Yelp
corti.nico at gmail.com
"Look wide, and even when you think you are looking wide – look wider still!"
More information about the FOSDEM