[FOSDEM] 20 years of t-shirts - a photo op?

Raphaël Bauduin raphinou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:24:52 CET 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, 17:13 Richard Ibbotson, <richard.ibbotson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Raphaël
>
> > The OSDEM event, the first event which was subsequently renamed Fosdem,
> was held in 2001. Organisation started somewhere in October or november
> 2000.
> >
> > An event in 1995 is distinct and independent of Fosdem.
>
> I'm sure that this is a correct legal statement for the purposes of
> the present day FOSDEM trademark.  However. The evidence surrounding
> the event has been somewhat obfuscated by various events and
> activities dating back to about 1994/1995.  Also. I remember you
> making a public statement back in 2001 in front of myself and the
> assembled crowd that OSDEM only started in 2001. When in fact it had
> been around for a while.

Keeping repeating otherwise won't change the fact that the first OSDEM
edition was in 2001. You can pretend as you want, but the 2001 event was
organised from scratch by people that hadn't organised this kind of event
before.

I noticed that someone was telling you some
> not quite correct stories about something.

That kind of happens sometimes indeed.