[FOSDEM] 20 years of t-shirts - a photo op?

Jasper Nuyens jnuyens at linuxbe.com
Wed Jan 8 19:26:10 CET 2020

I don't know what kind of stuff Richard is smoking, and that might be
related with his 'memory' and 'police encounters', but - obviously
Raphael - who organised the first (F)OSDEM knows what he is talking
about.
I'm sure that if there where noteworthy meetings in Brussels before
2000, that I would have known. Aside from Iguana, linuxroom and
Ulyssis in Leuven, Infogroup at the VUB and the Linux guys in Antwerp
and Gent university and Louvain-Li-nux there was HIP97 and 'after hip'
and 'post after hip' which I organised with Lumumba at the University
near Hasselt.
If you look for a document from the past; this might be the closest to
a full view from back then:
https://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Belgian-HOWTO/lugs.html

And I remember the time very well; we where very happy to support
Fosdem under our name back then: Life/VA Linux. And at the first
OSDEM, RMS even helped me personally to install Debian at the time (I
was more RPM focused before 2000 ;-)

Let me take this opportunity to thank all these people who have
invested so much time, sweat and effort into building this incredible
event - every year I seem to know less people at the event; and I
think that's a good thing, as the community grows and becomes more
international and younger ;-)

Thanks for building this community and accomplishing such a monumental
task, year after year!

See you soon!
Jasper
--