[FOSDEM] An app for meeting new people at FOSDEM

Sky Christensen sky at skychristensen.com
Thu Jan 30 18:42:54 CET 2020

Hi,

My partner and I made an (open source) app for meeting new people at
conferences and events like FOSDEM.

If you're interested in meeting new people this weekend, please try it
out. It's at https://goodchat.io, and we've spun up an instance
specifically for FOSDEM.

We're not aiming to replace IRC/Matrix/Telegram with it. It's
specifically for searching for people with similar interests, or who you
are otherwise interested in meeting, and then contacting those people.
It's part search app, and part messaging app.

We made it because we find it hard to meet new people at events where
there are hundreds or thousands of people, and we wanted to help solve
that problem for everyone.

Cheers!

Sky

P.S. It's a Django app and the repo is at
https://github.com/red-and-black/goodchat if you want to take a look.