[FOSDEM] virtual presence "stands" on FOSDEM

Alasdair G Kergon agk at fosdem.org
Sat Dec 5 01:27:15 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 09:18:35PM +0100, Kristoff wrote:
> We hosted the infostand on Amateur-Radio on FOSDEM for some years now.
> Off course, as FOSDEM 2021 will be held online, there are no real
> 'physical' stands next year, ... but has something been foreseen to
> allow standholders to be virtually present at fosdem 2021 (i.e. on the
> official FOSDEM website)?

Yes, there will be a stands section of the website.
There'll be a CFP for this (probably) in the next week.  The hope is
we'll have a combination of static content and interactive content
(sharing the facilities being created for the devrooms, assuming
we manage to scale them up sufficiently).

As with my previous message, if people can offer the time and skills
to help to develop and integrate facilities for the stands, please get
in touch on info at fosdem.org indicating what you could offer.

Alasdair