[FOSDEM] CFP for the mozilla dev room

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at hirlimann.net
Tue Dec 8 13:36:35 UTC 2020

Hello fellow Mozillians,

It’s that time of the year again! The Call for Papers for Europe’s
largest FLOSS event, FOSDEM, happening on February 6th & 7th 2020 in
Brusselson the Internet is now officially open.

Just like for the past 19 years, Mozilla is going to host a Developer
room at FOSDEM 2021 for a full day and we would love to see and hear all
your wonderful talks.

For those of you that have no idea what FOSDEM is about, I recommend
taking a look at their website (https://fosdem.org <https://fosdem.org/>)

Developer rooms are assigned to self-organising groups to work together
on open source projects and to discuss topics relevant to a broader
subset of the community.

Proposals should not be limited to the list but those are the ones that
stand a higher chance of getting accepted. However, we do encourage you
to submit talks on subjects that are not on the list, some of our best
talks were on subjects we did not expect at all.

However, please keep in mind that the public at FOSDEM is quite
technical and knowledgeable about open-source in general.

If you want any help or feedback to write your proposal, please get in
touch with me. I am happy to put you in relation with someone that can
help you to perfect your proposal and/or give you useful feedback.

The list of suggested topics is the following:

  *

    Web Technologies: HTML, CSS & Layouts

  *

    MDN Web Docs

  *

    Firefox Developer Tools

  *

    Firefox in General

  *

    Privacy & Security

  *

    Performance

  *

    Network on Web browsers

  *

    Diversity & Inclusion

  *

    …

    Essential infos:

  *

    Submit your proposal on Pentabarf
    (https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM21
    <https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM21>) , you can find a
    tutorial about how to use Pentabarf courtesy of the wonderful folks
    at the Go Devroom (https://eyskens.me/beginners-guide-to-pentabarf/)

  *

    Talk proposals deadline: 26th of December at midnight (anywhere in
    the world).

  *

    Acceptance/rejection notice: At the latest for the 31st of December.

  *

    Duration: 15 to 45 minutes talks (including questions) would be
    preferred, anything over 45 minutes and we might ask you to shorten
    it to fit in the 45 minutes time frame.

  *

    You need to be able to pre-record (which implies to have appropriate
    equipment to do so) your talk for the 21st of January and be
    available on the 7th of February at the time of your talk broadcast
    to answer questions.

  *

    If you encounter any issues with the proposal tool, please get in
    touch with me!

    Community Participation Guidelines

The Mozilla devroom respects Mozilla’s community participation
guidelines along with the FOSDEM Code of Conduct. These guidelines cover
our behaviour as participants, facilitators, space wranglers, staff,
volunteers, vendors, and anyone else involved in making the Mozilla
devroom possible.

--
https://hacking-mind.blogspot.com