[FOSDEM] Disenfranchised by Google

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Sun Jan 10 22:44:45 UTC 2021

On 31/12/2020 00:50, J. R. Haigh wrote:
> With best intentions and regards,
> James R. Haigh.
> -- Wealth doesn't bring happiness, but poverty brings sadness.
> https://wiki.FSFE.org/Fellows/JRHaigh Sent from Debian with Claws Mail,
> using email subaddressing as an alternative to error-prone heuristical
> spam filtering.

We are not really Fellows any more, FSFE demoted all of us and
removed[1] the Fellowship from their constitution.  This was done to
discredit all of us, but especially me, as Fellows had elected me as
your representative.

You mention Debian.  Debian received two payments of $300,000, total
$600,000.  One payment was from Handshake Foundation, they refuse to
publicly disclose[2] the other payment came from Google.  At the same
time, on the same day, 20 September 2018, Debian also joined FSFE in
seeking to viciously discredit the winner of the FSFE Fellowship
election, myself.

I notice that the messages we both sent to the FOSDEM mailing list about
Google were held in moderation for 2 weeks and only released tonight, 10
January, on a Sunday night.  It is likely that date-sorting will hide
them from the majority of people.  It is an odd coincidence, both of our
messages delayed/censored, both of our messages mention a sponsor,
Google.  My own message is now visible[3] in the archive, please check
if it is hidden by algorithms in your inbox.

The email I sent is about the safety of women, this is particularly
important as multiple women were brave enough to speak up about Google
and FSFE in December 2020.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://fsfellowship.eu/2018/09/08/who-were-the-fsfe-fellowship.html