[FOSDEM] Disenfranchised by Google

J. R. Haigh JRHaigh+ML.FOSDEM at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 11 18:18:29 UTC 2021

Hi Sam,

At 2021-01-10Sun22:29:59+01, Sam Tuke sent:
> In the email space Google has been causing havok for some time, using their dominant position to undermine email standards and autonomy.

Yes, I've been aware of some of their tricks for some time.

> See e.g.: <https://lightmeter.io/googledown-happens-every-day-for-mailops-admins/>

Thank you. That's very interesting.

> No doubt they do both considerable harm and good, neither of which is new however, and neither is their sponsorship of FOSDEM.

I didn't say that their considerable harm was new, but it has continued to progress in recent years and has become so bad that despite having tried very hard to flee Google for many years, I just can't get away from their impact.

Best regards,
James.
--
Wealth doesn't bring happiness, but poverty brings sadness.
https://wiki.FSFE.org/Fellows/JRHaigh