[FOSDEM] Google, FSFE, safety of women and volunteers

J. R. Haigh JRHaigh+ML.FOSDEM at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 11 19:12:01 UTC 2021

Hi Pjotr,

At 2021-01-11Mon18:59:30+01, pjotr.public445 at thebird.nl sent:
> This list is for organising FOSDEM 2021. While I sympathise with some of the ideas and sentiments, I don't think it should be discussed on this mailing list.

This feels like a request for censorship to me.

> Maybe the organizers can set up a FOSDEM policy mailing list for this type of discussion, people take it there, and we stop the thread where it is now on this list?

Maybe, but that would disrupt the 2 threads of discussion which even combined are already much less prominent than Google's sponsorship. It seems unfair to attenuate the smaller voices in the discussion.
	That said, I don't have a lot else to say anyway, on either thread, other than that Google's negative impact on my daily live is still ongoing.

Best regards,
James.
--
Wealth doesn't bring happiness, but poverty brings sadness.
https://wiki.FSFE.org/Fellows/JRHaigh