[FOSDEM] Google, FSFE, safety of women and volunteers

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas at pettiaux.be
Mon Jan 11 20:25:02 UTC 2021

Dear all

I fully agree with Pjotr.

My feeling is also that the difference of culture between US and Europe
is interfering.

Free software is related to values, while open-source is interested with
gains & benefits, for example money. What we see here also is that for
people who have not been educated to values (like too many American
people who are eg republicans today, but not only) are mixing things up
and cannot behave.

While we need money, also in the free and open-source world, too often
money and property altogether pervert people.

Please fellow American people, be moderate and well-behaved, do not
believe that it is possible to buy everything and also reject
institutions the minutes after. Change your world (and the importance of
money, as Lawrence Lessig tried to do), and do not try to impose
everywhere your views.

Europe will never be the US and we can manage ourselves, we have done
for thousands of years.

Thanks,

Nicolas