[FOSDEM] matrix accounts on fosdem.org ... do they stay?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Sun Feb 7 20:51:41 UTC 2021

On 07/02/2021 21:33, Geert Stappers wrote:

>> I will adapt based on your decision.
>

> Please don't lay your head on the chopping block,
> find/make/do what sustains what you deem important.

To complete that comment, I can only refer to this thread

https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2021-February/038137.html

For events of this nature, it could be interesting to explore SIP-P2P,
XMPP Serverless and other P2P options in future, this would allow the
conference to run well and eliminate post-event responsibilities for the
FOSDEM volunteers

The upstream developers would be eternally grateful for the feedback
from users.

I recently made a backport[1] of the latest Jami for Debian buster

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/jami/2021-02/msg00004.html