[FOSDEM] [FOSDEM Feedback] matrix accounts on fosdem.org ... do they stay?

Richard Hartmann richih at richih.org
Mon Feb 8 12:43:23 UTC 2021

I thought about this a lot. Initially I thought we should keep it, but:

Ongoing maintenance can be automated away. But what about abuse
reports, etc? From freenode, I know how much time that eats, and it
never ends. Do we have the people who want to commit to doing that
work?

A middle ground might be to keep it running for a week, then archive
it and re-use next year. Or just send everyone a message with "you
have one week to back up" and then delete it all.

The one consideration: Should we archive public conversations
alongside the public recordings? I am torn.