[FOSDEM] CFP: Testing and Automation devroom, FOSDEM'22

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Mon Dec 6 12:52:32 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,
on behalf of Testing and Automation devroom I'd like to announce that call for
participation is now open.

Here are some ideas for topics that are a good fit for this devroom:

Testing in the real, open source world

- War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
- Demistify resource e.g. systems/device/cloud provisioning in a CI loop
- Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code, e.g. bootloaders, init
systems, etc.
- Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing "systems"
- Address the automated testing frameworks fragmentation
- Lessons learned from testing

Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)

- How your open source tool made developing quality software better
- What tools do you use to setup your CI/CD
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough people in
the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a tutorial on how to
use $X to make your project better."

In the past we've had both newbies/students and experienced professionals and
past speakers as part of the audience and talks covering from beginner/practical
to advanced/abstract topics. If you have doubts then submit your proposal and
leave a comment for the devroom managers and we'll get back to you.

For more info see:
https://fosdem-testingautomation.github.io/  <https://fosdem-testingautomation.github.io/>

Happy testing,
Alex