[FOSDEM] CFP: Open Source Design devroom, FOSDEM'22

belen barros pena belenbarrospena at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 14:00:26 UTC 2021

Hi all,

The Call for Proposals for the Open Source Design devroom at FOSDEM'22 has
been announced:

https://opensourcedesign.net/2021/12/04/fosdem-cfp-2022

Submission deadline is December 23rd 2021.

Here is the full text of the CFP:

The Open Source Design devroom showcases design work happening within free
and open source projects, because yes, there is design alive in FOSS. We
mean “design” in a broad sense, and we include within that term typography,
graphic design, interaction design, user experience, human-computer
interaction, accessibility, information architecture, content strategy,
service design, design research and . We hope to see you there.

We have 1 full day of the conference on Saturday the 5th of February.

The event will be online and all presentations will be pre-recorded, but
you are required to be online and present during your presentation and for
5-10 minutes after to answer any questions the audience watching your talk
may have. To submit your talk you will need to create a pentabarf account
(if you do not already have one) and make the submission through the FOSDEM
pentabarf system <https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/>. Pentabarf is the
official name of the FOSDEM talk submission and management system (see
beginner’s guide
<https://medium.com/@maartjeme/beginners-guide-to-pentabarf-78808a1ce5bf>).
When prompted to select ‘Track’ be sure to select ‘Open Source Design’
devroom otherwise we will not recieve your submission.

Types of talks Open Source Design are looking for:

   - How you have contributed as a designer to OSS and your experiences
   - What OSS can do to include designers in their OSS
   - Show design work, methods, examples and guides
   - Inclusion, diversity, mentoring and governance of OSS from a design
   perspective
   - Anything else related to design and OSS!

Requirements

To be able to submit a talk you must fulfill these formal requirements:

   - You should target a talk duration of 20 minutes with 5 mins of Q&A
   (leaves us with 5 mins change over for talks).
   - We are also open to durations up to 40 minutes with 5 mins of Q&A for
   talks with a bigger scope, but we would encourage sticking to 20 minute
   durations.
   - Be able to pre-record a talk in advance. In order for us to check over
   the recording all videos must be submitted by January 22nd 2022.
   - Since FOSDEM is held during European (CET timezone) day hours you need
   to be available during the day on the 5th of February for your presentation
   and the ensuing Q&A.

Important Dates and Deadlines

Submission deadline for talk proposal: December 23rd 2021 Selected talks
announced: December 31st 2021 After all talks are rated, we will inform you
about the status of your submission starting Mid-December. Video recording
submission: January 22nd 2022 Open Source Design will be programed on *Saturday
the 5th February 2022*. All deadline times are 23:59 UTC.
Additional support

Make sure to check out the FOSDEM Code of Conduct. For any questions about
this call for participation you can reach out to us in the Open Source
Design discourse forum <https://discourse.opensourcedesign.net/> or via
email <https://opensourcedesign.net/2021/12/04/core@opensourcedesign.net>

Looking forward to your proposals,

The Open Source Design people