[FOSDEM] [CfP] Identity and Access Management deveroom at FOSDEM 2024

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Nov 9 07:20:32 UTC 2023

Hi!

This is a call for proposals for the Identity and Access Management
Devroom: https://iam-devroom.github.io/fosdem-2024/

# Identity and Access Management Devroom @ FOSDEM'2024

[FOSDEM 2024](https://fosdem.org/2024/) will have a [identity and access management
devroom](https://fosdem.org/2024/schedule/track/identity_and_access_management).

The IAM devroom is planned to be run at **Sunday, February 4th, 2024** in
Brussels, Belgium at [ULB](http://www.ulb.ac.be/).

## Our topics this year

This is the Identity and Access Management Devroom and we invite you to submit
a talk that is relevant to operating systems' identity and access management in
the free software and open source world.  We don't exclude any relevant
submission, for ideas and suggestions please check the previous edition of IAM
devroom at [FOSDEM 2018](https://archive.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/track/identity_and_access_management/)

Suggested topics:

- Security: algorithms and protocols for IAM/IdM; passwords and password alternatives

- Federated and social identity; leveraging external identities in applications

- Audit, compliance, monitoring

- User experience, desktop integration

- Free software IAM/IdM offerings

- IAM/IdM deployment reports

and more. Don't be shy and show how your project helps to improve our lives.

## Submissions

Submissions require a small abstract and a short speaker description and must
be submitted [via the Pretalx system](https://fosdem.org/submit) no later than
**1st of December 2023**. Suggested duration for a timeslot to apply for is
**25 minutes** (20 min presentation + 5 mins questions). The schedule shall be
finalized by **15 December 2023**.

Note that this is a new submission system and accounts from pentabarf were not
migrated: Presenters will have to create a new account.

Instructions:

  * Go to [https://fosdem.org/submit](https://fosdem.org/submit)
  * Register a new account
  * Create a new event with your title and abstract and some information about you
  * Be sure to set the event track to "Identity and Access Management devroom"
  * Subscribe to the [iam-devroom at lists.fosdem.org](https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/iam-devroom) mailing list for announcements

### Organizers

  * You! - any help with organizing is highly appreciated!
  * Alexander Bokovoy (ab at samba.org)
  * Iker Pedrosa (ipedrosa at redhat.com)

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy