[FOSDEM] Call for Participation : Collaboration and Content Management Devroom 2024

Clément Aubin clement.aubin at xwiki.com
Thu Nov 9 19:40:53 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to share the call for participation for Collaboration and
Content Management Devroom for FOSDEM 2024.

The main goal of this devroom is to discuss and present new software,
tools, techniques, and methods when it comes to building Open Source
software for collaboration. Over the past years, with challenges on EU
digital sovereignty following COVID, the ecosystem of Open Source
collaborative tools has seen a significant growth. This has uncovered
new areas of discussion and challenges that fit the scope of FOSDEM :

* Protocols for interoperability between collaboration platforms
* Empowering users with new ways to collaborate securely (zero
knowledge collaboration, sovereignty)
* Technical solutions to provide support for multiple collaboration
platforms to work together

This year, we are looking for contributions under the form of
conferences, talks, or discussions covering one of the topics above,
or any of the following :

* New projects presentation
* Self-hosted platforms
* Secure collaboration
* Collaborative applications
* Connectors & Integrations
* Knowledge management techniques
* Protocols for collaboration
* …

2024 will also be the 5th anniversary of the devroom. As for the
previous years, we hope to provide an opportunity for everyone to meet
and exchange about collaborative issues encountered while using Open
Source solutions ; present some tools used for content management and
discuss global solutions for incentivizing collaboration.

Submission process
================

Please submit your proposals at https://fosdem.org/submit before
December 10th 2023.

When submitting your proposal, make sure you choose the “Collaboration
and Content Management” in the track drop-down menu. Otherwise, your
proposal might go unnoticed. Don't hesitate to include an estimate of
the time needed for your talk in the speaker notes. We will be looking
at sessions between 25 minutes and 55 minutes tops. Depending on the
proposals, we may contact you to adapt the time of the session in
order to fit the devroom schedule.

Once the schedule of the devroom is finalized, we will contact you in
order to help you prepare your talk.

Important dates
================

December 10th 2023: deadline for submission of proposals
December 15th 2023 or before: announcement of final schedule
February 3rd 2024: devroom day

Recordings

As previous years, the talks and Q/A sessions will be recorded. The
recordings will be published under the same license as all FOSDEM
content (CC-BY). By agreeing to present at FOSDEM, you automatically
give permission to be recorded. The organizers will agree to make
exceptions but only for exceptional and well-reasoned cases.

You can find the web version of this CfP at the following address :
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Events/FOSDEM%202024/CollaborationDevroomCFP/

Cheers,
Clément Aubin