[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Nix and NixOS Devroom 2024

Pierre Bourdon delroth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 20:23:42 UTC 2023

The web version of this CFP is available at the following URL:
https://discourse.nixos.org/t/call-for-speakers-fosdem-2024-nix-and-nixos/35251

------

For the second year in a row, Nix and NixOS will have a dedicated devroom at
FOSDEM [1]! FOSDEM is one of the largest open-source software development
conferences in Europe. It will take place next year on February 3rd and 4th in
Brussels, Belgium - and attendance is as always free of charge. Our devroom
will take place on Sunday morning (February 4th). On behalf of the devroom
managers, we're looking forward to seeing many of you there!

[1] https://fosdem.org/2024/

Call for Participation / Speakers
=================================

We are looking for speakers who'd like to present about the free / open source
software ecosystem surrounding Nix and NixOS. Do you have a cool use case for
Nix or NixOS? Have you built some interesting FLOSS tool that you'd like the
community to hear about? Please send us your submissions!

Talks can either be lightning talks (5 mins) or full-featured talks (20 mins +
5 mins for Q&A).

We welcome speakers of all backgrounds and all levels of experience with Nix
and NixOS. If you have something interesting to show to the world, it does not
matter whether you've been contributing to `nixpkgs` for years or whether
you're a new Nix user.

Speakers will need to be present in person at the event, remote presentations
are unfortunately not possible this year.

For reference, the devroom schedule from last year [2] is also available.

[2] https://archive.fosdem.org/2023/schedule/track/nix_and_nixos/

How to submit
=============

The CFP is hosted by FOSDEM themselves. Head over to Pretalx [3], their CFP
platform, and follow the instructions on the landing page. Most fields are
optional, just make sure that you:

- Set the “Track” to “Nix and NixOS”
- Fill in the “Proposal Title” and “Abstract”. You can also put more detailed
  information and links in the “Description” field.
- Indicate in the “Submission Notes” whether you are submitting a lightning
  talk or a full presentation.

Should Pretalx fail you, feel free to send us a mail with the relevant
information to nix-devroom-manager at fosdem.org.

[3] https://fosdem.org/submit

Important dates
===============

- Thursday 2023-12-07 23:59 CET: deadline for submitting talk proposals.
- Friday 2023-12-15 (expected): accepted talks announced.
- Saturday 2024-02-03: FOSDEM begins.
- Sunday 2024-02-04 (morning): Nix and NixOS devroom scheduled.

Contact us

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, or to contact directly one of
the devroom organizers:
- delroth: https://github.com/delroth
- JulienMalka: https://github.com/JulienMalka
- raitobezarius: https://github.com/raitobezarius