[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Rust Devroom @ FOSDEM 2024
ewan.higgs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 21:07:07 UTC 2023
We are excited to announce the call for participation for the Rust Devroom
for FOSDEM 2024. The Devroom will be held on Saturday, 3 February, 2024 in
Brussels, Belgium. The submission deadline for talk proposals is December
FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas
and collaborate. Every year, thousands of developers of free and open
source software from all over the world gather at the event in
Call for participation closes: 1 December 2023
Devroom schedule available: 15 December 2023
Devroom day: Saturday 3 February 2024
About the Devroom
Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents
segfaults, and guarantees thread safety. It is rapidly growing in
production usage and applicable in many use cases. This, along with being a
purely community-driven language, makes it important to provide a venue for
people to come together to discuss Rust, how to best use it, and how to
further enhance the community.
* Rust as a modern and evolving language
* New features and language initiatives
* Architecting large projects
* Rust usage across FLOSS projects (Linux, Tor, VLC, Gnome, Firefox, etc.)
* Projects written in Rust (show and tell)
* Build tools (cargo, clippy, rustfmt, rust-analyzer, etc.)
* Packaging libraries and executables written in Rust
* Profiling, FFI, etc.
* Documentation and education initiatives
* Community initiatives
* How to contribute
* RFC process
* Promoting inclusiveness for minority or under-represented groups
We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with sufficient
background material to be clear to the Rust community.
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded.
By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk
Submissions must include:
* Session type
* Session length
* Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
* Speaker bio
* Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
* Links to previous talks by the speaker
Note that there is a gorgeous new submission system this year (pretalx) and
if you had an account on the previous submission system you may need to
make a new account.
The organizers of the Devroom can be reached by sending email to
rust-devroom-manager at fosdem.org
Sounds interesting? Submit your talk proposal and we will hopefully
see you in Brussels!
On behalf of the organisers,
-- Ewan Higgs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM