[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2024 - Retrocomputing Devroom - Call for papers
seg at seglabs.eu
Sun Nov 12 19:04:47 UTC 2023
*** FOSDEM 2024 - Retrocomputing Devroom - Call for papers ***
* Retrocomputing Devroom - WHAT
FOSDEM offers open source and free software developers a place to meet, share ideas and collaborate. Renowned for being highly developer-oriented, the event brings together some 8000+ geeks from all over the world.
The twenty-fourth edition will take place Saturday 3th and Sunday 4th February 2024 in Brussels, Belgium.
The Retrocomputing DevRoom will welcome your talks about usage of older computing hardware and software in modern times.
* Presentation topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Emulation of old systems (i.e. to run videogames, legacy software, etc.);
- New software, hardware or related to be used with classic systems;
- Open source software emulation/simulation;
- Open hardware;
- Operating systems for retrocomputers/retrosystems;
- Uses of retrocomputing today;
- Other retrocomputing topics;
FOSDEM is an open source conference, therefore commercial and/or marketing presentations are not allowed.
* Timeline - WHEN
- Deadline submission of your talk proposal: December 01st 2023;
- Accepted talks to be notified by December 10th, 2023;
- FOSDEM dates 03 & 04 February 2024;
- Retrocomputing devroom: February 04th, 2024 (afternoon).
* Submission of proposal - practicalities - HOW
We are accepting talks of 20-30 minutes, with time for Q&A's afterward.
Should you need less or more time, please let us know in your submission.
The conference language is English.
Talks will be delivered live, no pre-recorded talks!!
All submissions have to be made in the pretalx event planning tool:
While creating your proposal, please provide the title of your talk, a short abstract (one or two paragraphs), and some information about yourself (name, bio, and photo).
If you used Pentabarf for a previous FOSDEM edition, we are sorry to inform you the data wasn't migrated
Make sure you select "Retrocomoputing" Devroom!!
* Recording Permission - CONSENT
All FOSDEM talks will be recorded; this requires speakers to consent to being recorded and streamed.
Therefore, should you wish to be a speaker, please note you implicitly give consent for your talk to be recorded and streamed. The recordings will be published under the same license as all FOSDEM content (CC-BY).
* Volunteering - SUPPORT
A couple of volunteers would be welcome to support during the afternoon session, ie.: pass the mic. around the room; control room attendance capacity; technical setup; etc.
Please reach out if you want to contribute in that sense.
retrocomputing-devroom-manager at fosdem.org
* See you at FOSDEM!
FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and collaborate. Every year, thousands of developers of free and open source software from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.
By participating to the FOSDEM, you are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSDEM