[FOSDEM] CfP for Go Devroom at FOSDEM 2024

Maartje Eyskens maartje at eyskens.me
Fri Nov 10 11:52:43 UTC 2023

Hi gophers,

The Go community has been represented at FOSDEM every year since 2014. The
year 2024 won't be any different. FOSDEM is an annual conference about free
and open source software held in Brussels, attended by over 5000 developers
and open-source enthusiasts from all over the world.

This year again the Go devroom will be in-person in Brussels on Saturday
February 3rd 2024 and we are now looking for speakers. The format will be
25 minutes talk with 5 minutes for Q&A at the end.

This is a great opportunity for new speakers, and we will have people
helping you craft your talk and slides if so you wish. So if you, or
someone you know, are working on something cool that might be good on
stage, submit a proposal!

Do you want to be one of our speakers? Please submit your proposal using the
new FOSDEM Pretalx site <https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2024/cfp>. The
deadline for submission is December 1st 2022 (00:00 Brussels Time). If you
want us to check whether your proposal came through correctly, you can
always contact us at go-devroom-manager at fosdem.org.

Do you want to help organize the devroom? We need people to help on the day
itself (doors, microphone handover, camera, allaround). But we are also
especially looking for many people to help with reviewing the proposals and
help with mentoring. Please send us an email to
go-devroom-manager at fosdem.org if you’d like to help out with this.

Any topics related to Go are welcome, with a preference for open source
projects rather than product pitches. We value talks about how a given
project uses Go rather than how a project written in Go is used.

The room will follow Go’s Code of Conduct <https://golang.org/conduct>.

Cheers,
Maartje Eyskens