[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2024 Free Java Dev Room Call For Participation

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 12:08:22 UTC 2023

[Resending, as I think I may have used a different address]

We are pleased to announce the Call for Participation in the FOSDEM
2024 Free Java DevRoom!

This year FOSDEM will be between Saturday the 4th snd Sunday the 5thof
February 2024 in Bruxelles, Belgium, with the usual events and
meetings surrounding the main show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on
that weekend; please, refer to the FOSDEM website for the schedule of
the whole event:

https://fosdem.org/

The Free Java DevRoom has become unique in that it has attracted
hackers from very different Free Software Java projects, giving the
opportunity to bring together companies of various sizes, different
project communities, mainstream core Java developers, alternative Java
language implementations and runtimes, and everything that forms the
Free Java Universe, everybody participating to share their knowledge
in an atmosphere of cooperation and friendly competition.

The Java Community is healthier than ever, and this is in part thanks
to all of you who contributed over the years, so come and share your
experiences at the Java Dev Room at FOSDEM!

As always, check out our wiki for more details on the conference
(please, allow some days for content to be update or added):

https://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2024/Fosdem

*** IMPORTANT ***

FOSDEM organisers have expressed the desire to record and stream
everything, and like every year we will do our best to record the
sessions by default.

We will use the same format as previous years, so please submit one (or
more) 20/25 minute talk proposal(s) by the 1st of December 2023, 23.59
CE. Announcement of the selected talks will be on or about the 15th of December.

The submission this year can be either on this mailing list or,
preferably, via the FOSDEM website here:

https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2024/cfp

(Please, just follow the instructions and select the Free Java DevRoom)

This year, we may NOT be able to extend this deadline as we did in the
past, the schedule is really tight!

A template for submitting a talk can be found at:

https://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2024/Fosdem/CallForParticipation

Tracks will be announced shortly after the submission deadline on the
mailing list and on the main FOSDEM schedule.

Please join us!

--The Free Java DevRoom Committee

--
Mario Torre
Manager, Software Engineering, Red Hat OpenJDK, Java Champion

Red Hat GmbH, Registered seat: Werner von Siemens Ring 12, D-85630
Grasbrunn, Germany

Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen/Munich, HRB 153243,
Managing Directors: Ryan Barnhart, Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Amy Ross