[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Mozilla Devroom 2024

Konstantina Papadea kpapadea at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 10 12:39:34 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

With this, we’d like to open the Call for Talks for our Mozilla DevRoom.
Mozilla has organized a DevRoom at FOSDEM for more than 20 years. A DevRoom
is a self-organized space where we can present talks and discuss topics
relevant to a specific topic/organization/community.
Call for Proposal

Please submit your talk proposal by the *1st of December 2024*. We will let
you know if your call has been accepted by the *15th of December*.

Here is a list of topics, but feel free to deviate from them!

   - Open Source AI
   - MDN Web Docs
   - Firefox in General
   - Privacy & Security
   - Future and Emerging Mozilla Technologies
   - Innovation
   - Data & Telemetry
   - Add-ons
   - Localization
   - SUMO
   - Policy
   - Common Voice

The selection for talks will be based on the following criteria:

   - Relevance of the topic
   - Relevance/expertise of the speaker (don’t worry, first-timers are also
   welcome!)
   - Description and details

Submit a proposal

All talks are going to be in person. Talks can be 15 to 45 minutes in
duration (including Q&A).

*You need to submit your talk proposal here*:
https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2024/cfp.

If you have submitted a talk in the past through Pentabarf, you need to
create a new account this time.

Please indicate:

   - DevRoom track: Mozilla
   - First and Last Name/nickname
   - Email address
   - Title
   - Topic of the talk
   - Length of the talk
   - Short abstract

Also, feel free to add links to projects/previous calls/personal websites
you think will be useful.
Community Participation Guidelines

As with all Mozilla spaces, the DevRoom will be governed by the Mozilla CPG
<http://www.mozilla.org/about/governance/policies/participation/>. Please
familiarize yourself with it before submitting the proposal.

Best of luck!
(original message was posted on Mozilla's discourse:
https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/call-for-talks-fosdem-2024/124148)

--
Konstantina Papadea
Staff Program Manager,