[FOSDEM] Tool the Docs Devroom FOSDEM 2024 CFP

Chris Chinchilla chris at chrischinchilla.com
Fri Nov 10 12:49:40 UTC 2023

Hello All,

We are excited to announce the *Tool the Docs devroom* is back for FOSDEM 2024!

The developer room focuses on *free and open source tools for writing,
managing, testing, and rendering documentation*. It will run on *Saturday
3rd February* for half a day in the afternoon.

## Why to present

FOSDEM is one of the largest gatherings of Free Software contributors in
the world and happens each year in Brussels (Belgium) at the ULB Campus
Solbosch. In 2024, it will be held on Saturday, February 3rd, and Sunday,
February 4th.

We are inviting proposals for talks on the subjects above, plus any related
topics you think might fit into the room. And yes, we're happy to talk about how
new AI tools might change how we write, but again, they must be fully open-source.
*We welcome proposals from those working with tools for documentation as well as those creating and
maintaining them.* This is a great opportunity to show new ideas and
developments to a technical audience from a wide range of free and open-source communities.

*Please do keep in mind that product pitches are not allowed at FOSDEM.*

## How to submit

We are accepting talks of 20-30 minutes, with time for questions afterward.
If you want less or more time, please let us know in your submission.

All submissions have to be made in the pretalx event planning tool:
https://fosdem.org/submit

While creating your proposal, please provide the title of your talk, a
short abstract (one or two paragraphs), and some information about yourself
(name, bio, and photo. If you previously used Pentabarf, sorry, no data was migrated.). Make sure you select "Tool the docs" under the *Track* dropdown.

## Deadline

The *deadline is December 1st 2023*.
Accepted speakers will be notified by December 10th, 2023.

## Recording Permission

The talks in the Tool the Docs developer room will be audio and video
recorded and possibly streamed live, too.

In the “Submission notes” field, please indicate that you agree to have
your presentation recorded and published under the same license as all
FOSDEM content (CC-BY). For example: “If my speech is accepted for FOSDEM,
I hereby agree to be recorded and to have recordings - including slides and
other presentation-related documents - published under the Creative Commons
Attribution (CC-BY) 4.0 International License. Sincerely, Name”.

See you at FOSDEM!

Chris Ward
Kristof Van Tomme
Katalin Fogas