[FOSDEM] CFP Testing and Continuous Delivery devroom
atodorov at otb.bg
Tue Nov 14 08:46:34 UTC 2023
On behalf of the Testing and Continuous Delivery devroom I would like to
announce that call for participation is now open!
This room is about building better software through a focus on testing
and continuous delivery practices across all layers of the stack. The
purpose of this devroom is to share good and bad examples around the
question “how to improve quality of our software by automating tests,
deliveries or deployments” and to showcase new open source tools and
Since this devroom has been a regular at FOSDEM, here are some ideas of
what we would like to see, and what worked in prior years, they're just
ideas though. Check out our website for more references:
Testing in the real, open source world:
- War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
- Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code, e.g.
bootloaders, init systems, etc.
- Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing "systems"
- Address the automated testing frameworks fragmentation
- Stories from end-users (e.g. success/failure)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
- Security in Software Supply Chain
- Pipeline standardization
- Interoperability in CI/CD
- Lessons learned
Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks):
- Project showcases, modern tooling
- How your open source tool made developing quality software better
- What tools do you use to setup your CI/CD
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough
people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a
tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better."
FOSDEM 2024 will be hosted in person at ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels,
- CFP Submission Deadline: 23:59 UTC, 10 December 2023
- Schedule Announced: 15 December 2023
- Presentations: 4h February 2024
- The reference time will be Brussels local time (CET)
- Talks will be delivered live, no pre-recorded talks
- Q/A session will be live
- Talks will be streamed
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or
more) 10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by 23:59 UTC on December 10th
2023. We will notify all those submitting proposals about their
acceptance by December 15th 2023.
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you'd
like) use Pretalx, the FOSDEM paper submission system ->
https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2024/. Be sure to select "Testing and
Continuous delivery" otherwise we won't see it!
For more information please see https://fosdem-testingautomation.github.io/.
More information about the FOSDEM