Talk proposals

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Wed Nov 20 20:32:25 CET 2013

I have a couple topics I could cover of interest to the Java devroom.

1. The Java Native Runtime

A refresh and recap of my talk from JVMLS, covering justification and
implementation of an FFI (Java-to-native) layer used by JRuby and why
we should get this into JDK9 as a supported API.

2. Beyond JVM

A talk I'm preparing to do for YOW! Australia that covers Java Native
Runtime, Truffle/Graal, alternative JVMs, native object layouts,
multi-tenancy, and other possible futures for the platform. It will be
loosely written from the perspective of JRuby, where we are exploring
all these various futures for our next-gen JRuby runtime to be
released in 2014.

Those of you who know me should feel free to suggest modifications to
these topics or different topics you would be interested in. I have
many things I could talk about :-)

- Charlie