Talk proposals

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 13:05:10 CET 2013

Hi Charles,

Both topics are very good and interesting, you could submit a proposal for
both or even add something else you think it may be interesting.

Cheers,
Mario

2013/11/20 Charles Oliver Nutter <headius at headius.com>

> I have a couple topics I could cover of interest to the Java devroom.
>
> 1. The Java Native Runtime
>
> A refresh and recap of my talk from JVMLS, covering justification and
> implementation of an FFI (Java-to-native) layer used by JRuby and why
> we should get this into JDK9 as a supported API.
>
> 2. Beyond JVM
>
> A talk I'm preparing to do for YOW! Australia that covers Java Native
> Runtime, Truffle/Graal, alternative JVMs, native object layouts,
> multi-tenancy, and other possible futures for the platform. It will be
> loosely written from the perspective of JRuby, where we are exploring
> all these various futures for our next-gen JRuby runtime to be
> released in 2014.
>
> Those of you who know me should feel free to suggest modifications to
> these topics or different topics you would be interested in. I have
> many things I could talk about :-)
>
> - Charlie

pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

IcedRobot: www.icedrobot.org
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/