Talk Proposal: AArch32 Project

Edward Nevill edward.nevill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:46:35 CET 2015

Title: The AArch32 Project - ARM32 support in our lifetimes

Duration: 25 minutes

Abstract:

Last year I presented some work I had done on the ARM microJIT to enable
it on the Raspberry PI. At the end I suggested the creation of an
AArch32 project to do a fully fledged ARM32 port. I am pleased to say
that an OpenJDK AArch32 port has been created
(http://openjdk.java.net/projects/aarch32-port) and we have an initial
port of the Template Interpreter thanks to some excellent work by Joseph
Joyce.

This talk will update on the progress of the AArch32 project and also a
call for help so we can finally get the ARM32 properly supported in
OpenJDK.

Speaker Bio:

Edward Nevill has been working with the ARM architecture since 1988 and
is responsible for some of the darker corners. He has been working with
OpenJDK since 2010 and is responsible for some dark corners there as
well.