Talk proposal: G1 - Not^H^H^HNever Done!

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Thu Nov 30 15:51:45 CET 2017

Title:
G1 - Not^H^H^HNever Done!

Abstract:
In JDK 9 we made the G1 garbage collector the default OpenJDK garbage
collector. Does that mean G1 is done? Definitely not!
   The Oracle GC team is working on exciting changes to improve
throughput, latency and memory footprint for the G1 garbage collector
for the next JDKs. We are excited to give you a heads up on a few of
them:

   * Faster Card Scanning
   * Parallel Full GC in G1
   * Rebuild Remembered Sets On The Fly
   * Abortable Mixed GCs
   * Automatic Thread Sizing

   Of course, this is just what we are currently working on; we would
also like to share a few interesting ideas that would be interesting to
pick up and contribute. :)

Speaker:
Thomas Schatzl, OpenJDK developer working at Oracle; working on garbage
collection for 8+ years; previously contributor to the FreePascal open
source Pascal compiler.

Time:
25 min, but can be extended to 45 mins

Recording video and/or audio CC-BY-2.0 license:
Thomas Schatzl: fine

Blog & Microblog:
Thomas Schatzl: -

Thanks,