Proposals for the Java DevRoom @Fosdem 2018

Romain Pelisse belaran at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 11:58:25 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I've submitted my proposals through Penta, but Mario Torre suggested I also
post them here to help you keep track of them.

I have 3 talks proposal for this upcoming FOSDEM:
<http://Hairy%20Security%20%20the%20many%20threats%20to%20a%20Java%20web%20app>

   - *Hairy Security* - the many threats to a Java web app
   <http://Hairy%20Security%20%20the%20many%20threats%20to%20a%20Java%20web%20app>
      - a funny, witty talk, delivered with François Le Droff (Adobe) on
      the many danger a Java webapp faces nowdays - and how to protect yourself
      from them
      - This talk was delivered, a couple of years ago, at Devoxx France
      <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axpjklk-5HE> and has been updated
      and quite enhanced since then
      -  *Java & Linux the "best of both worlds"*
   <https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM18/event/5982>
      - also delivered with François Le Droff, this talk focuses on how to
      leverage Linux OS when developing a Java Microservices - this
presentation
      will demonstrate that, in fact, both technologies are a match made in
      heaven and that you can make an app very resilient and scalable, by using
      feature from both environement.
   - *Building software like houses ?* - IT versus Concrete challenge: Who
   does it better?
      - Not focuses on Java, but still relevant to the java dev-room, this
      talk is made of a cross return of experience on project
management in both
      IT and the Civil Enginerring industry.
      - We stole from the design pattern and early project methodolies
      years ago and now they are stealing agile from us - but, are any
of us any
      better to our job ?

Hope this little sum-up helps and of course let me know if you want me to
do something else to make your life easier while processing the submissions!

Cheers,