Talk Proposal: ~1 sec. Kubernetes redeployments with Camel K

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 14:29:50 CET 2018

Hi *, my submission:

= ~1 sec. Kubernetes redeployments with Camel K

== Abstract

Interested in seeing your Camel application redeployed on Kubernetes ~1
second after you have changed your Java code?

Camel K is a new subproject of Apache Camel that aims at simplifying and
speeding up the development process. In this talk we will present a few
tricks that helped us to achieve that: custom Kubernetes Operator,
custom Kubernetes resources, reuse of build images based on the set of
dependencies and use of a ConfigMap to mount the changing bits to a
container.

We'll explain the underlying concepts and run a live demo!

== Recording

Yes, I accept recording me on audio and/or video under a CC-BY-2.0 license

== Bio

Senior engineer for JBoss Fuse/WildFly Camel at Red Hat. Earlier worked
on JBoss EAP, Hawkular and other Red Hat Middleware projects. The author
of srcdeps and contributor to several Maven and Gradle plugins.

== URLs

https://twitter.com/ppalaga
http://ppalaga.github.io