Talk Proposal: Apache Maven Project - The Foundation of Building Software

Karl Heinz Marbaise khmarbaise at gmx.de
Sun Dec 1 15:51:57 CET 2019

* Title:
   - Apache Maven Project: The Foundation of Building Software

* Abstract:

The Apache Maven Project is one of the most used build tools in the Java
world. One of the challenges is to support more or less all Java
versions from 1.7 (or even earlier) up to the most recent versions
including early access versions.
Another part is to take a look into the future, what kind of things we
might change to keep up with the current evolution of the Java world.

* What the audience will learn from the talk:

It will be shown how the Apache Maven team is handling the different
challenges to keep on the line with the Java release train and of course
with the wishes of the community.

Furthermore we will take a look into the future of Maven and what kind
of ideas we have. For example how to evolve Apache Maven for the next years.

* How can people help out with the project:

- Currently the project is being run by a number of people (less than
   10) in their spare time. This means we would appreciate any help.

* Bio:
Karl Heinz Marbaise is an Apache Software Foundation Member and Apache
Maven PMC and working as a german freelance devops. Working with Java,
JUnit Jupiter, AssertJ, Spring Boot, Jenkins, learning Go.

Twitter: @khmarbaise
Blog: https://blog.soebes.de
Recording: acceptable under a CC-BY-2.0 license (DEFAULT)

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise