Talk Proposal: Just-in-time compiling Java in 2020

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Mon Dec 2 09:59:34 CET 2019

Title: Just-in-time compiling Java in 2020

Abstract:
Client compiler, server compiler, JVMCI, Graal ... What are we using today and how do they work together?
In this talk I'll give and overview of the Just-in-time compilers included in OpenJDK and explain how to play with them.
I'll also address Just-in-time compiler threads and resource related issues.

Recording me on audio and/or video is ok.

Brief Bio:
Martin Doerr is part of SAP's JVM team since 2011. He's contributing to OpenJDK in various areas of the JVM like Just-in-time compilers (C1 and C2) and runtime code. Furthermore, he's serving as OpenJDK reviewer and actively maintaining and improving processor specific code for IBM Power and z Systems.