Free Java DevRoom Talk Proposal: JMC & JFR - 2020 Vision

Jie Kang jkang at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 14:52:54 CET 2019

Hi,

Title:
JMC & JFR - 2020 Vision

Abstract:
JDK Flight Recorder provides production time profiling and diagnostics
via a compact events-based infrastructure inside the Hotspot JVM
itself. JDK Mission Control is a stand-alone application that provides
real-time monitoring information for Hotspot JVMs, as well as tools to
read, automatically analyze and visualize flight recording data
produced by JDK Flight Recorder.

When this talk is presented, JMC 7.1.0 has (hopefully) been out for a
little while. This presentation talks about what is new and the
roadmap for the upcoming JMC 8. We will also discuss recent changes in
the project, such as the move to Skara. Towards the end we will demo
how JDK Flight Recorder and JMC core libraries can be used to diagnose
applications deployed in container orchestration platforms.

Recording: Okay
Presenters: Jie Kang (Red Hat)

Speaker Bio:
Jie Kang is a Senior Software Engineer in Red Hat’s Java team, mostly
working on JMC and JFR related technologies. This includes
cloud-related tooling, packaging for RHEL and Fedora and backports of
JFR patches to 11 and below.

Regards,
Jie Kang