Talk proposal: How to become an OpenJDK contributor

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Tue Dec 10 16:36:10 CET 2019

* Title:
How to become an OpenJDK contributor

* Abstract:
Any and every developer can engage in the OpenJDK project and be part of improving the Java experience. There are many ways to contribute to OpenJDK. One of the more obvious ones is probably to participate in the design and development of language and runtime features. This talk will guide you on the road to become an active contributor to OpenJDK. We will go through all the steps from idea to contribution and look at how to actually contribute in practice. We will have a brief look at the structure behind the OpenJDK project and how to utilize the tools that are provided to aid the work.

* Recording me on audio and/or video
acceptable under a CC-BY-2.0 license

* Brief Bio
Jesper is a developer in the Java Platform Group at Oracle. With a 17 year history in the JVM and garbage collection his focus today is in areas such as JDK wide process management, JVM security, JDK integrations, early access promotion, and overall JDK stability. Jesper has authored large parts of the HotSpot engineering pages on the OpenJDK wiki.

Best regards,
/Jesper