Talk Proposal: The status of Djoom 3 - a Java port of Doom 3

Mahmoud Abdelghany blackbeard334 at protonmail.com
Sat Nov 30 22:06:12 CET 2019

Abstract
TL;DR - a talk about a Doom 3 port side-project, and some of the biggest gotchas.

A couple of years ago I decided it was a good idea to port Doom 3 from C++ to pure Java(with OpenGL). Not my brightest moment, but to be fair, I didn’t think I would still be working on it at the time you’d be reading this.

If I had to use a single phrase to describe this journey, it would be “treasure trove of knowledge”.
Regardless, the game has been working for a while now, buggy alas, but working nonetheless. So join me for a demo, and a short trip down memory lane exploring some of the important lessons I learned….

Recording: sure
Bio: TBD
Twitter: @blackbeard0x14e
Github: https://github.com/blackbeard334/djoom3