Talk Proposal: AdoptOpenJDK Quality Assurance, AQA: You're Soaking In It

Shelley Lambert slambert at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 23:07:02 CET 2019

Title:

AdoptOpenJDK Quality Assurance, AQA: You’re Soaking In It

Abstract:

Last year, AdoptOpenJDK began sharing our plans for an open and transparent
quality plan for free Java to ‘make quality certain to happen’ for our
growing set of enterprise consumers.  During the past year, the project has
surpassed 100 million downloads showing an overwhelming interest from the
community for free and fully verified Java binaries.  With this phenomenal
uptake, the weight of responsibility to continue to deliver high quality
binaries and in celebration of this year’s theme of ’25 in 25’, this
retrospective looks at some of what we have learned.

At AdoptOpenJDK, we build and run many categories of tests across multiple
platforms, versions, and implementations, often running in excess of
87,000,000 tests per night.  We have the luxury of building off of 25 years
of verification effort to take the best from the past while improving as we
move into the future.  This talk will share some interesting insights, give
an update on performance testing, tools and results available to the
community, as well as some initial findings from our deep learning project
that generates Java fuzzers.  A whirlwind 25 minutes to cover the cool
collaboration and innovation happening as part of AQA to verify open and
free JDK binaries!

Bio:

Shelley Lambert is the Global Test Lead for IBM Runtime Technologies.  Shelley
joined the IBM J9 team in 2005 after many years writing network management
software in the telecom industry.  She serves on the Technical Steering
Committee (TSC) at the AdoptOpenJDK project and guides the AdoptOpenJDK
Quality Assurance (AQA) initiative.  She and her team, in collaboration
with many wonderful contributors, have delivered test strategy, test code,
tools, delivery mechanisms into the AdoptOpenJDK, Eclipse OpenJ9, and
Eclipse OMR open-source projects.

Recording me on audio and/or video is acceptable under a CC-BY-2.0 license