[Microkernel-devroom] FYI: Fwd: Re: Questions regarding the Multiserver, microkernel operating systems devroom

Jakub Jermar jakub at jermar.eu
Sat Dec 3 14:33:00 CET 2011

Hi Norman,

On 11/30/2011 09:34 PM, Norman Feske wrote:
> The role of the public in the room (and whether and how to specifically
> address it or not) is still not clear, or is it?

I watched some FOSDEM videos on YouTube and got the impression that the
prevailing, if not the only, form of the recorded content at FOSDEM is a
"talk". This is understandable given the nature of the rooms at the
university, which in our case is a medium-size lecture room. So I assume
that during the talks the public will be intermixed with and
indistinguishable from the other m9l/m9r developers.

This bears some further questions, for example how to arrange the room
for the panel discussion and the coding session part of the program, and
what to do with the public then.

The coding session could be a good opportunity to do some of the demos
for the public, btw.

Jakub