[Microkernel-devroom] [TALK-PROPOSAL] Fixing memory management in HelenOS

Jakub Jermar jakub at jermar.eu
Sun Dec 18 17:57:56 CET 2011

Hi,

As there is exactly only 13 days left (including holidays) for
submitting talk proposals, I'd like to propose the following talk. At
the same time, I don't want to be the only speaker in our devroom, so
please, open the floodgates and start submitting proposals too :-)

[Title]
Fixing memory management in HelenOS

[Full name]
Jakub Jermar

[Short bio]
Jakub is a long-time developer of the HelenOS operating system and one
of the project founders. Jakub helped to design and develop various
parts of the system, including its kernel and the file system layer.

[Estimated duration]
45m

[Abstract]
In this rather technical talk, I will go through the various corners of
HelenOS memory management and will present the ongoing effort to fix
some of the inherent shortcomings of the original design.