[Microkernel-devroom] Devrooms for 2012

Martin Decky martin at decky.cz
Fri Nov 11 20:35:07 CET 2011

Hi Norman,

> [..taking this discussion to microkernel-devroom at lists.fosdem.org]

Acknowledged. I have already subscribed to the list as well.

> I'm excited about the prospect of getting in touch with you
> all and the chance to bring forward our common understanding of the
> participating projects.

Yes, this is definitively going to be an important aspect. To get to
know better the other kids on the block and learn from their good ideas
(and mistakes, too :)). I am also excited about that.

> Maybe it would make sense to coordinate the traveling arrangements
> between the HelenOS developers and us? We are located at Dresden, which
> is not far away from Prague. What do you think?

Good idea. AFAIK, there are no direct flights from Dresden to Brussels
and Prague is probably the closest airport with non-stop connection to
Brussels.

Thus I can imagine that we meet in Prague. Moreover, we can even provide
you with a free room to pass the night at Prague if you agree to have a
talk at out department's seminar at our University. Don't worry, we
simply have a budget to host foreign speakers at our seminar, so why not
use it :-)

Alternatively, we can go to Brussels by train and meet in Dresden. But
the train trip does take some time and it is probably not much cheaper
than the flight. Was perhaps this coordination on your mind?

Anyway, let's take our time to think about the traveling arrangements,
there are several ways how we can coordinate it.

M.D.