[Microkernel-devroom] Accepted talks and schedule of our devroom at FOSDEM 2012

Martin Decky martin at decky.cz
Mon Jan 9 15:22:38 CET 2012

Hi,

> here is a schedule for the Multiserver, microkernel-based operating
> systems devroom @ FOSDEM 2012

Thanks for the schedule, Jakub. I really hope that the guys from the
other projects are going to take the reserve slot and make the line-up
just a little bit more diverse than it is now.

I would also not completely rule out Norman's idea of the demo corner,
although I completely acknowledge Jakub's objections that a devroom
should not be an exhibition with stands. But if the configuration of the
room permits that, setting up a table with some machines running our
OSes for the public to freely play with (silently) and perhaps
stickers/CDs/leaflets to take away might not hurt. We will see in Brussels.

> Note that the last item on the agenda is a panel discussion where we can
> discuss various topics among the projects.

As we probably won't have any impartial moderator for the panel (someone
not affiliated with any of our projects), I suggest to make the panel
discussion as a round table of answering initial questions we agree upon
and then taking questions either from the audience or from ourselves (as
the discussion progresses).

I suggest the following initial questions to be answered by each project:

* Intro: What is your project about and what are your goals?
* What approaches and tools do you use in your project? (Note that
   FOSDEM is an open-source conference.)
* How do you cooperate with the "mainstream"? (Standards,
   compatibility, etc.)
* Evergreen: How do you tackle the problem of device drivers?
* What interesting topics/projects/challenges can you offer to potential
   contributors?

M.D.