[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Summary of submitted proposals to the games devroom at FOSDEM2012

Nils Kneuper crazy-ivanovic at gmx.net
Sat Dec 24 00:58:55 CET 2011

Am 24.12.2011 00:45, schrieb Nils Kneuper:
> Hi everybody! I just wanted to gather a list of all submitted proposals
> that I received until the deadline was over. Overall I received 9 proposals
> for talks and we got 8h to fill. Here is the list of talks sorted by the
> date/time sent and listing the date, the subject of the mail, the name of
> the speaker as well as the proposed topic and desired time:
>
> Mail Topic:	Re: [Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Please submit proposals for
> talks! Mail Date:	07.12.2011 17:06 Speaker:	Jeremy Rosen (Boucman) Talk
> Topic:	Balancing a game : the open source way Duration:	45' + questions
>
> Mail Topic:	Re: [Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Please submit proposals for
> talks! Mail Date:	14.12.2011 22:01 Speaker:	Merlijn Hofstra Talk Topic:
> Xonotic: The road to 1.0 Duration:	45' including questions
>
> Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Fwd: Talk proposal - Gluon Mail
> Date:	19.12.2011 17:23 Speaker:	Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen Talk Topic:	Game
> On - Game Creation and Distribution with Gluon Duration:	45' + questions
>
> Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] FreedroidRPG talk proposal
> @FOSDEM Mail Date:	19.12.2011 22:15 Speaker:	Arthur Huillet Talk Topic:
> Anatomy of a role playing game Duration:	45-55', with: 10 minutes demo
> (video rather than live demo), 30 minutes presentation, then questions
>
> Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] WorldForge talk proposal Mail
> Date:	19.12.2011 23:26 Speaker:	Alistair Riddoch Talk Topic:	The Dynamic
> Data Driven Worlds of WorldForge Duration:	45' or so
>
> Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Session request OpenPandora Mail
> Date:	23.12.2011 16:58 Speaker:	Michael Mrozek Talk Topic:	Pandora - a
> mobile Linux computer including gaming controls. A short introduction and
> explanation of its long history and development. Duration:	Nothing fixed
> here, I can talk about it for 55 minutes or also for 25 minutes. Whatever
> fits you best :)
>
> Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Proposal: Data-driven and
> Component-Based Game-Entities Mail Date:	23.12.2011 18:37 Speaker:	Thomas
> Kinnen Talk Topic:	Data-Driven and Component-Based Game-Entities Duration:
> 45' + Discussion
>
> Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Proposal: The Future of Open Web
> Gaming by Rob Hawkes (Mozilla) Mail Date:	23.12.2011 19:52 Speaker:	Rob
> Hawkes Talk Topic:	The Future of Open Web Gaming Duration:	55'

Okay, this list was incomplete, I forgot one entry, shame on me! You might
already have wondered where I got the 9 talks from since I only list 8 and
here is talk number 9:

Mail Topic:	[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] Ogre3d talk proposal
Mail Date:	23.12.2011 20:17
Speaker:	Erik Ogenvik
Talk Topic:	Getting Started With Ogre3d For Game Development
Duration:	45' + questions

Sorry for missing to list this talk!

> The next step will be me trying to either find a way to fit 9 talks into
> the schedule by switching to 50min slots with shorter than 60min slots or
> by "eliminating" one talk. I'd prefer the first method of somehow reducing
> the time for talks but will take some time over the next days to think
> about a possible schedule. If someone has a proposal regarding how to best
> deal with the number of talks and the amount of time that is available for
> allocation you are welcome to help me by stating possible solutions. I plan
> to finalize the mapping and schedule till Friday next week. I will send the
> final mapping (as well as some preliminary tries before) to this ML and I
> will also send the speakers the times at which I scheduled them. Cheers,
> Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic
>

> PS: If you are surprised about getting this mail: A proposal was submitted
> using your email address and I wanted to make sure that you are aware that
> I received it and it was in time. If you know for sure that you have not
> submitted the proposal or somehow don't want to hold a talk or don't have
> the time please make sure to tell me about this ASAP!

The rest of the mail still holds true and yes, I should probably not send
those summary mails shortly before heading off to bed...
Cheers,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic