[Open-source-gamedev-devroom] "Call for Speakers" draft

Alistair Riddoch alriddoch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:28:06 CET 2011

Hi Nils,

Congratulations on getting the room accepted. Excuse this
unconventional contribution. I wasn't subscribed when you sent out the
original post, so can't reply directly.

I am going to propose an alternative time format of 45 minutes with 15
minute break. The reasoning is that I think it is good to allow plenty
of time for discussions and networking between talks, and also to
allow slack for questions to spill over into. This still fits into an
overall timetable on hour aligned slots.

For the proposal itself I would replace "Open Source" with "FOS"
throughout. There are people in the FOSDEM community who prefer the
term Free Software to Open Source, and can be quite vocal about it.
You can avoid tangling with them by starting the proposal with "Free
and Open Source", and then using the abbreviation later on for
brevity.

I'll read through more thoroughly, and am quite happy to go over the
language to improve the natural flow if you like, as I did with your
email at the GSoC Summit.

Any chance up putting the text somewhere we can track revisions, and
do collaborative editing? My own preference would be Google Docs, but
I am aware this is by no means Free, and some people may be
uncomfortable with the requirement to have a Google account.

Al
--
Alistair Riddoch
alriddoch at googlemail.com